Sunday, February 24, 2013

Inspiration

Spent the day yesterday at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton VA.  I come away from this event (as well as my Modern Quilt Guild meetings) with a mixed bag of feelings - from 'I can't wait to try that!' to 'I am soooo not worthy'.  Here is a sample of what inspired me this year:

 Love the hexis!
 Love the buttons!
 Love the different sizes of the same blocks!
 Love the quilting!
 Love the zippers!  (Look closely!)
Love the buttons and the beading!

 These blocks are 1 1/4". Above is a close up.
Civil War reproduction fabrics. Love it!

 The quilting, beading,
 and button embellishments were amazing.

 These two are just a small part of a stunning quilt from Sandy UT.

Hm...what would one do with all this fabulous wool?



Make an amazing 3D quilt, of course!  
You could look at this for HOURS!

So what did I do when I got home?  
Just kinda bounced off the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment