Wednesday, July 24, 2013

CSA July 3



1/2 dozen eggs
1 1/2 pints of raspberries
3 lb bags new potatoes
3 lbs of string beans
14 ears of corn
2 bunches of basil
1 bag of tomatoes





This was a very manageable amount of vegetables, and they pretty much fit in with our 4th of July menu.  I made the Creamy Dijon Dill Potato Salad I had made a couple weeks ago.  I also did a repeat of the Green Beans, Spuds and Bacon that we had the previous week - you can NEVER have too much bacon.










Mike wanted to boil the corn this time, which heated up the kitchen, so we just turned the fan up a notch. The corn was absolutely amazing. So sweet and juicy!

We served burgers with our veggies, topping them with a yummy Havarti chive and mustard seed cheese I found at Wegmans.


We also opened up the Spicy Refrigerator Dill Pickles that Joe made last month. They were quite yummy - so much so that two of his sisters snagged jars to take home with them!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why the format is screwy and the links don't show up unless you hover your mouse over them... but here is my next installment a bit late!

    ReplyDelete