Sunday, May 12, 2013

CSA - May 8

This week we got another 5 pounds of asparagus, 4 quarts of the most amazing strawberries, 2 cucumbers and a half dozen eggs along with a gift card to a restaurant in Richmond that uses Snead's vegetables.

I cleaned up the strawberries and Gracie and I pretty much had them eaten within 24 hours. I did share a sandwich bagful of berries with Anne Marie - surprising her by putting them in her car while she was working.  


I later gave her an extra large handful of asparagus and another equally large handful to one of my other daughters, Adrienne.  We ate the eggs, scrambled, in breakfast burritos for Mothers' Day, and we'll have the cucumbers in a salad with grilled salmon for dinner, also for Mothers' Day.

Now we need to plan a trip to Richmond to use our gift card - as well as the one we got last year... Time for a veggie feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment