Wednesday, May 22, 2013

CSA May 15




4 heads lettuce (1 red leaf, 1 green leaf, 2 romaine)
2 heads bok choy
4 quarts strawberries
1 bunch onions
2 bunches Swiss chard
half dozen eggs

YUM!

First thing I made was the White Bean Sausage and Swiss Chard Soup .


This picture is a shot of the soup in progress - when it was done I was too busy slurping it down to stop and take a picture. Suffice it to say, it was awesome.  This is the link:  
(I hope - let me know if it doesn't take you there...)

Four heads of lettuce is a lot of lettuce and I was panicking a little bit wondering what I was going to do with it all before it went bad. So I took a chance: 
  • I trimmed the ends off all the heads
  • submerged them in a sink full of cold water 
  • cleaned out my veggie drawer
  • lined the bottom with a dish towel
  • shook the water out of the leaved and laid them in the drawer
  • put another dish towel over top
My plan was to make some sort of Asian type lettuce wrap dinner for Sunday night's family dinner.  That way I could also use the bok choy.



This was the yummy result.  Boneless, skinless chicken thighs marinated in Thai peanut sauce, grilled then sliced into strips. I stir fried the bok choy, snow peas, bean sprouts, shredded carrots with a little Wegmans Stir Fry Sauce.  Steamed some rice and set the table with sesame seeds, soy sauce and Sirachi Sauce for condiments!

Everybody loved it!

And again, I've had no trouble using up all those strawberries!


Nothing a little Chardonnay can't handle!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment