Sunday, October 15, 2017

I'm back - with a change

I jumped on the Blog-Bandwagon in 2013 in order to share what quilts I finished and to show what I was able to do with the mountains of food (some of it strange to me) that we were getting in our CSA.  In 2014 I suddenly became shy/uncomfortable about sharing this. I was unsure of my audience - even why I needed an audience - and frankly, what is really the purpose of this blog? Any blog?

After a few years of coming close to just deleting the whole thing I've decided to give it another try. I changed the name of the blog (I think I changed it...it seemed too easy so surely I've made a mistake) to my Instagram tag:  Quilting Queue. This is also the name of my fantasy quilt shop, if I were ever to commit myself to that endeavor! Not!

I sew and create with fabric as an emotional outlet. I don't sell anything. Yet. I gift some things away but I keep a lot. Some things come from patterns, some things come from inside my head. (I have a ton of stuff in my head!)

My purpose now is to keep me moving in the direction of *finishing* the projects I have floating around. I'm planning on watermarking any pictures I post - especially of my own original designs - in the hopes that if someone finds something they'd like a pattern for it might inspire me to actually write.  Maybe.

Consider this an online journal that will focus on fabric. You will also find my family and maybe a few friends because they are all very important to my sanity as well. You will NOT find anything political on  my blog. I've lived 55 years without being a political pundit, and I hope I have a good 20 years left to enjoy my life peacefully. Whatever happens in DC or Richmond is not going to impact that as really, it hasn't affected my life yet.  Facebook seems to have given people the idea that their opinion is going to change the world. I can't help feel it is just keeping angry people at a medium boil. It is just time for me to back out.

Follow me if you'd like. I would like to think I inspire someone, but for now my purpose is my own accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment